What Do the Volkswagen Jetta Warning Lights Mean?
When a light comes on in the dashboard, it may be time to stop by the Stohlman Volkswagen service center for a Volkswagen maintenance check. Depending on what you see, there may be a variety of solutions. We work hard to make sure your Fairfax drive is as smooth as possible, which why our service center is here to help with any questions or dashboard issues you may have!
What Are the Lights and What Does Each One Mean?
There are several lights Alexandria drivers should be aware of. In addition to lights like the low fuel level and check engine lights, the Volkswagen Jetta warning lights mean something should be checked out by a professional. The following are a few important lights every Vienna driver should know:
- Antilock Braking System Malfunction – When the antilock braking system of your Volkswagen Jetta malfunctions, this light will appear on your dashboard.
- Brake Light Bulb Failure – If you see this light turn on, it’s time to stop by your nearest Volkswagen service center to replace a brake light.
- Battery Error – This code means there’s a battery charging system failure and you should take your Jetta in as soon as you can.
- Brake Pad Wear – If you see this, it’s time to check your brake pads.
- Automatic Transmission Malfunction – When you see this, it means that your vehicle needs more AdBlueⓇ or there’s a malfunction with the system and you should have it checked.
- AdBlueⓇ System Malfunction Warning – Indicates that there is an issue with your Volkswagen Jetta AdBlueⓇ system.
- AdBlueⓇ No Restart Warning – This is an important light as it could mean that you won’t be able to start your Jetta engine, usually because there’s either a malfunction or not enough fluid.
Safety is always a priority here at Stohlman Volkswagen, which is why whether you drive a safe Volkswagen Tiguan or Volkswagen Jetta, we have you covered. If you notice the airbag light come on, it may be the result of a faulty belt tensioning system or a faulty airbag. Either way, make sure to get it checked by a Volkswagen service professional!
Learn More at Stohlman Volkswagen
For more information on the Volkswagen Jetta and what the Volkswagen dash lights mean, stop by Stohlman Volkswagen so your Jetta can get the care it needs! Be sure to contact us with any questions you may have, and explore our new vehicles so you can start enjoying your Vienna drive right away. Compare the Jetta vs Honda Civic to learn more!
More from Stohlman Volkswagen
Learn More New Golf GTI Inventory With advanced interior technology and the features that set it apart from models like the 2019 Volkswagen Golf, the gti performance parts of the 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI proves the strong choice you’ll want in your next Volkswagen model. Here are some of the performance features: Limited-slip differential (VAQ)…
If you’ve been on the edge of your seat, waiting for the arrival of the 2019 Volkswagen Arteon, you’re certainly not alone! Drivers from Alexandria to Fairfax can’t wait to see what the new VW Arteon is bringing to the area, and we’re glad to provide their first look. Explore the 2019 VW Arteon specs…
The 2019 Volkswagen Atlas interior is bringing more to the roads near Washington D.C. and Reston. Those who opt for this Volkswagen third-row SUV will enjoy spacious seating for up to seven, as well as Volkswagen Car-Net® App-Connect, a standard 6.5-inch touch-screen, and so much more! Take a closer look at the Atlas interior dimensions and…