How Fast is the Volkswagen Golf GTI?
One of Car and Driver magazine’s top choices and a constant entry on their “10Best” list, the Volkswagen Golf GTI is powerful, efficient, and practical. This makes it a great choice for Tysons Corner shoppers who want it all without paying the big bucks to get it. But what’s the top Volkswagen Golf GTI mph? Learn more about its impressive speed and other performance specs below!
The “hot hatch” GTI is powered by a turbocharged, intercooled 2.0L TSI 16-valve motor mated to a six-speed manual transmission. This combination is capable of delivering as much as 228 hp and up to 258 lb-ft torque while still offering up to an EPA-estimated 24 mpg city/32 mpg highway rating. In Car and Driver testing, the Golf GTI accelerated from 0-60mph in just 5.7 seconds and managed to conquer the quarter mile in just 14.3 seconds, reaching speeds of 100 mph in the process.
Compare the Volkswagen Golf vs. GTI to find out why drivers from all over the Vienna region are ready to take a closer look at this VW hatchback’s sporty upgrades.
Other Performance Features
As enticing as this rapid acceleration is, it’s doubtful that you’ll be hitting three digits on your Vienna commute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sit back and enjoy the Golf GTI performance features, including:
- DCC Adaptive Chassis Control: Drivers can choose between three firmness settings to automatically control the vehicle’s damper valves for refined control and optimal ride control.
- Progressive Power Steering: The PPS system with variable assistance provides the driver with a responsive system that makes steering at higher speeds effortless while still making driving at lower speeds easy.
- Sport Suspension: Tuned for speed and control, the GTI Sport suspension provides a smooth ride while helping to maintain grip on even the windiest roads.
- Performance Braking: Whether driving at autobahn speeds or just in Alexandria traffic, these ventilated disc brakes have you covered.
- Limited Slip Differential: This automated system maintains optimal torque balance, making proactive adjustments on the fly for superior control at any speeds.
- Paddle Shifters: Choose the optional seven-speed automatic transmission and enjoy manual control when it suits you without taking your hands off the wheel.
With specs like these, it’s little wonder why the Golf GTI is one of the most popular hatchbacks to ever hit Fairfax streets.
Test Drive a Golf GTI at Stohlman Volkswagen!
Take the Golf for a test drive around Vienna, VA and see why experts can’t get enough of this slick compact. Contact Stohlman Volkswagen to learn more about the Golf GTI, how it compares to competitors like the Audi A4, its interior features, and its many accessories.
More from Stohlman Volkswagen
Have you been looking for the perfect compact sedan that offers the comfort, connectivity, and capability you need for Vienna commutes? There’s no doubt that the new 2020 Volkswagen Jetta interior features are sure to impress you and your passengers. Available in five unique Volkswagen Jetta trim levels, there’s no doubt you’ll have a wide…
Tysons Corner drivers that are looking for a stylish and modern sedan for their daily commutes won’t need to look further than the 2020 Volkswagen Jetta. With multiple trim levels and a fuel-efficient engine, the Volkswagen Jetta is perfect for your daily errands or weekend adventures. See how you can customize your Volkswagen Jetta with multiple…
The 2021 Volkswagen Atlas is a popular SUV for Tysons Corner families because of its comfortable interior and powerful towing capabilities. The Volkswagen Atlas SUV towing capacity is 5,000-pounds when properly equipped. With two engine options to choose from, however, Vienna drivers have a choice on how much their Atlas can tow. Learn more about the…