How Fast is the Volkswagen Golf GTI?
One of Car and Driver magazine’s top choices and a constant entry on their “10Best” list, the Volkswagen Golf GTI is powerful, efficient, and practical. This makes it a great choice for Tysons Corner shoppers who want it all without paying the big bucks to get it. But what’s the top Volkswagen Golf GTI mph? Learn more about its impressive speed and other performance specs below!
The “hot hatch” GTI is powered by a turbocharged, intercooled 2.0L TSI 16-valve motor mated to a six-speed manual transmission. This combination is capable of delivering as much as 228 hp and up to 258 lb-ft torque while still offering up to an EPA-estimated 24 mpg city/32 mpg highway rating. In Car and Driver testing, the Golf GTI accelerated from 0-60mph in just 5.7 seconds and managed to conquer the quarter mile in just 14.3 seconds, reaching speeds of 100 mph in the process.
Compare the Volkswagen Golf vs. GTI to find out why drivers from all over the Vienna region are ready to take a closer look at this VW hatchback’s sporty upgrades.
Other Performance Features
As enticing as this rapid acceleration is, it’s doubtful that you’ll be hitting three digits on your Vienna commute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t sit back and enjoy the Golf GTI performance features, including:
- DCC Adaptive Chassis Control: Drivers can choose between three firmness settings to automatically control the vehicle’s damper valves for refined control and optimal ride control.
- Progressive Power Steering: The PPS system with variable assistance provides the driver with a responsive system that makes steering at higher speeds effortless while still making driving at lower speeds easy.
- Sport Suspension: Tuned for speed and control, the GTI Sport suspension provides a smooth ride while helping to maintain grip on even the windiest roads.
- Performance Braking: Whether driving at autobahn speeds or just in Alexandria traffic, these ventilated disc brakes have you covered.
- Limited Slip Differential: This automated system maintains optimal torque balance, making proactive adjustments on the fly for superior control at any speeds.
- Paddle Shifters: Choose the optional seven-speed automatic transmission and enjoy manual control when it suits you without taking your hands off the wheel.
With specs like these, it’s little wonder why the Golf GTI is one of the most popular hatchbacks to ever hit Fairfax streets.
Test Drive a Golf GTI at Stohlman Volkswagen!
Take the Golf for a test drive around Vienna, VA and see why experts can’t get enough of this slick compact. Contact Stohlman Volkswagen to learn more about the Golf GTI, how it compares to competitors like the Audi A4, its interior features, and its many accessories.
More from Stohlman Volkswagen
If you’ve been on the edge of your seat, waiting for the arrival of the 2019 Volkswagen Arteon, you’re certainly not alone! Drivers from Alexandria to Fairfax can’t wait to see what the new VW Arteon is bringing to the area, and we’re glad to provide their first look. Explore the 2019 VW Arteon specs…
The 2019 Volkswagen Atlas interior is bringing more to the roads near Washington D.C. and Reston. Those who opt for this Volkswagen third-row SUV will enjoy spacious seating for up to seven, as well as Volkswagen Car-Net® App-Connect, a standard 6.5-inch touch-screen, and so much more! Take a closer look at the Atlas interior dimensions and…
The 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI interior comforts and invigorates with the convenience and technology features you expect from the brand, coupled with racing-inspired style. Each of the Golf GTI hatch’s four trims is replete with exciting features, sure to please Vienna drivers of all stripes. Explore the many features inside the new Golf GTI and find…